I took the kids with me to vote today. I came prepared with toys and snacks, not knowing what the wait would be like. I was pleasantly surprised that
a.) My wait would only be about 30 minutes and
b.) the church where I voted had a little area with legos and books set up for kids.
Xavier was thrilled. I called him over when it was my turn to vote to get a look at the computer (I have never voted with a touch screen before...fancy.) He was really more interested in playing with the fire truck. We both got "I Voted" stickers when we left, although Aubrey was denied a sticker by me, since she would just eat it. Xavier told me he voted for Barack Obama, but later tonight it was John McCain. Hey, a lot of us were undecided up to the last moment. I tried to explain why it was important for us to vote, but I think he was too busy digging through my bag for his snack to hear what I was saying. Goldfish beat democracy in the mind of a three year old.
1 comment:
I too was all prepared: toys and bottle for Evan. Magazine for me - but the only wait we had was when I had to tell the lady "Reisert R-E-I" "Did you say R-E-Y?" NO! For the fifth time look at my license in front of you! Ok - I didn't really say that part...
Aimee
Post a Comment