We celebrated Aubrey's first birthday this past Saturday, although she technically isn't one until November 12 (can you tell I am trying to hold onto my baby as long as possible?) We mainly had family and just a few friends from the area over. My mom made her the adorable ladybug cake and her smash cake, and once Aubrey got a taste of the icing, she was all over it. The red frosting made her look like something out of a CSI episode and caused an immediate trip to the bathtub as soon as she was done with her cake. It also caused an interesting diaper. She is blessed to have so many people who love her. She received some cute toys and adorable clothes. Our playroom now has babydolls and doll strollers mixed in with trains, trucks, and blocks. We plan to do something on her actual birhtday with just the four of us. I realize that Aubrey wouldn't know the difference, but I just can't let her actual birthday pass without some kind of celebration.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Aubrey's First Birthday Party
We celebrated Aubrey's first birthday this past Saturday, although she technically isn't one until November 12 (can you tell I am trying to hold onto my baby as long as possible?) We mainly had family and just a few friends from the area over. My mom made her the adorable ladybug cake and her smash cake, and once Aubrey got a taste of the icing, she was all over it. The red frosting made her look like something out of a CSI episode and caused an immediate trip to the bathtub as soon as she was done with her cake. It also caused an interesting diaper. She is blessed to have so many people who love her. She received some cute toys and adorable clothes. Our playroom now has babydolls and doll strollers mixed in with trains, trucks, and blocks. We plan to do something on her actual birhtday with just the four of us. I realize that Aubrey wouldn't know the difference, but I just can't let her actual birthday pass without some kind of celebration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment