Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One year ago today...





...our litle love bug made her arrival! Look how much she started out looking like a clone of Xavier, but has changed into her own look. I am always amazed at how quickly time passes with these little ones, yet there are some days that just seem never-ending. The best part is that I have had the pleasure of being home with her to see and experience all of her developments, milestones, and changes first-hand. I am truly lucky and blessed to be able to do this, and to have a husband who is supportive of me staying home. It's worth all the sacrifices we have made.

A year ago today, I did not know:

-how different Aubrey would look in a year's time
-how fun it would be to buy girl's clothes
-how fun it would be to buy girl's shoes, then build an outfit around them
-how wonderful it would be to add another member to our family
-how frustrating it could be to have to meet the needs of two children
-what a long winter was ahead for us
-that Aubrey would still not be completely sleeping through the night a year later
-that I would have a rough first couple months battling what I think was some mild post partum depression
-that Xavier would delight in Aubrey's firsts just as much as I did
-how long and thin Aubrey would be compared to her linebacker of a brother
-how special of a bond I see between Daddy and daughter
-how much Aubrey would love her big brother
-that grocery shopping with 2 kids is a huge pain in the derriere
-that leaving the house with two kids requires a few hours of prep work
-that "mama" would be Aubrey's first word
-that breastfeeding would be so successful after such a rough start
-that she loves to eat-anytime, anywhere
-what fun we would have as a family of four

...I'm sure there are other things, but I am already crying enough. Thank you to all of you who love my daughter. She is a lucky little girl to have such a huge, loving group of family and friends. I can't wait to find out what the next year holds for Miss Aubrey Jule

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I am crying too! So much of it is so familiar to me, except I have only taken them both to the grocery store ONE TIME! Happy Aubreyverysary to you and Happy Birthday to Aubrey!