Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!






What a great day for trick or treating! Xavier changed his mind no less than 5,456 times about what he wanted to be this year. After looking through a costume catalog the weekend before Halloween, he pointed to a picture of a knight and decided that was it. Never mind that he didn't really know what a knight was, but he liked the helmet. At that point, I was not going to search all over for a knight costume, so he was going to have to pick from something we already had (he loves to dress up) like a Colts player (which he wore at this year's neighborhood Halloween parade) or a construction worker (which he wore to Zoo Boo).

On a trip to Meijer on Monday, we happened to find this knight set, at 30% off to boot. He was thrilled and played with it all week. It didn't come with a shield, so Shawn crafted one for him. I am sure this will be played with long after Halloween is over.

I wish I could take credit for Aubrey's flower pot, as it got a ton of comments, but the credit goes to my friend Michelle, who used this for both of her daughters. It's so easy. She just cut a plastic flower pot in half, used pipe cleaners to attach it to the Baby Bijorn, and viola! You too can be Anne Geddes! The flower costimes are easy to find...mine was an ebay purchase. I cannot even tell you the amount of people who stopped us to say how cute this was at the zoo. I had a glimpse into what it would be like to be a celebrity. Wish I would have put some lipstick on that day.

I added the pics out of order, but the top one is Xavier going throuhg his loot after trick-or-treating. Of course, he loved getting candy, but I honestly think he liked having kids come to our house to get candy even better. He would get so excited when he saw kids coming up our driveway. We had a lot of fun, and now have a humongous bowl of candy in our kitchen. I plan to hide a lot of it, as Xavier will ask a trillion times if he can have a piece of candy. All day long.

We were so lucky to have such great weather. Hope you enjoyed your Halloween!