Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Presidential Inauguration


Even though I knew they really wouldn't "get it" (and because I wanted to), I thought it was important my kids see the Inauguration today. This is not a pro-Obama post. My kids would have watched the Inaguration regardless of the election's outcome. To me, any Inauguration is important. I decided to take this picture since they wouldn't remember this years from now. It makes it look like they were completely riveted the entire time, when in reality, this was a lucky shot. I missed a lot of the speech due to loud children, so I am watching the replay while they are sleeping.

My friend Lori, brought up a very good point. She said she will only believe anything is possible when a woman is elected President, and I have to agree. (Just for the record, Lori is not supporting Hilary.) Obviously, this day was historic, but since I am caucasian, this doesn't mean quite the same to me as it does to African-Americans. African-Americans can now show their children that you can truly do anything, regardless of your skin color. I hope to be able to show Aubrey that someday, as a woman, you can truly do anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashleigh has pj's in that same print. I heart them.