Monday, January 26, 2009

The lie about girls

I had heard that, in general, girls would be more quiet and reserved than boys at this age. Oh sure, during the teenage years they are h-e-double hockey stick, but they are not as physically active as boys at this stage. Liars. What Aubrey can't do walking (since she is still mainly crawling), she makes up for in climbing. I spend a lot of my day pulling her off of things she has climbed on. I guarantee she will climb out of the crib at some point. Xavier never did, but he was never quite the climbing monkey that this girl is. Here are some photos of her in action:



Shawn often reminds me when I complain about how loud or crazy our kids are that we, as parents, are neither quiet or reserved, so did we really think that our children would be? *sigh* I hate to say it, but he's right. I highly doubt there will be any reserved and peaceful children coming from the two of us.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I'm sure your husband is right but in my case my husband is sweetness and patience and I am a lunatic and both our kids are nuts so everyone knows it's my fault! I'm hoping this next one takes after him! I love the pictures of Aubrey calling, her friend Maria is just as bad! Daredevils!