Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I can bring home the bacon...

Well, working 6 hours a week probably doesn't bring any bacon home. Maybe some hot dogs. Yes, I am officially employed (in the government's eyes, as my brother says.) A mom friend of mine let me know of a job working in the childcare of her church. On Wednesdays and Thursdays, this church has a women's Bible study.(It is one of those huge churches.) The moms that attend the study put their kids in the childcare, and I watch them. The kids are split into different age groups, and it is only for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours each of the days. It works out quite well for me. Xavier and Aubrey are able to go to the program for free, I get paid to work, I am right there in case of an emergency, and it's only about 10 minutes from my house.

Last week was our first week, and Xavier really enjoyed it! The kids his age have playtime, a snack, a craft, music and a story with a teacher, and go to the gym with a different teacher. Aubrey did well in her room, too. (She is at a clingy stage, so I wasn't too sure about her.) It is nice to have a little extra money "fun money" coming in.

No comments: