Monday, September 1, 2008

Justin and Brandy's Wedding-August 30, 2008







It is hard to believe that my little brother is now a married man! Justin and Brandy have been dating for 7 years, so to me, this was just a formality. She has been a part of our family for years. The day was gorgeous and everything went well!

I really have to brag for a moment about how well the kids did, even though I know they were tired. Xavier and Aubrey had a late night on Friday, due to the rehearsal. Saturday, we had to be at the church by 10:30 for pictures. Then, at 11:30, it was time for the wedding and Xavier's big debut as ring bearer. He did a fantastic job! He took it very seriously and just couldn't wait to give Justin the pillow. Shawn and I were both so proud of how well he did (since you never know with a 3 year old!!) We managed to get a nap for Xavier (and Shawn:) in between the ceremony and reception, but Miss Aubrey was wound up, so we just walked the halls of the hotel. Of course, she dozed right before we had to leave for the reception! Xavier was a dancing maniac at the reception. He had a blast and wants to know when he can be ring bearer again. (I told him to ask Uncle Derek and Brian!) I am just so glad that Justin and Brandy had such a beautiful day.

The photos (I messed up the order of them, sorry!)
1. The Newlyweds!

2.Ugh...I really dislike conga lines, but thank goodness for Policeman Mike (as Xavier calls him!) He was one of Justin's groomsmen (and a police officer, hence the title) and really took Xavier under his wing. This included teaching him things that guys without kids teach other people's kids, but I can look past that, since he took Xavier around in the conga line.

3. I am really kicking myself. With everything going on, I really didn't get a good photo of Xavier and Aubrey together. This was taken at Shawn's parents' before we left. He is trying to kiss her, she wants no part of it. I may try to bribe Xavier into wearing the tux again just so I can get a good photo! I do know the photographer took some of the 4 of us, which I also didn't do. What was I thinking???

4. Getting ready for his big job!

5. Xaiver in ring bearer action! I will try to post the video from the video camera...need to figure that out!

6. Kicking back in the limo. He got to ride from the hotel to the reception and was so excited about it!

(By the way, I just discovered that you can click on the photo to enlarge it, in case you want a better glimpse of any of the pics.)

2 comments:

Rob and Michele said...

Awwwwww! He looks so handsome! It also looks like he took his job seriously:)

Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man! (I swear I'm going to use that song on my blog someday!)

Miss Aubrey looks so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Too Cute! I enjoyed ALL of the recent photos :) They are growing up too fast!!!!!! Cathy