The parks department here has a really cool day where they fill the high school stadium parking lot with all kids on trucks and vehicles. Kids can line up and actually get inside the cars and trucks. They have everything from a race car, fire truck, mail truck, army medic truck...you get the idea. The kids loved it...even Aubrey!
I had to get a picture of the two kids in front of the chicken limo. Back in the day (you know, the time when I could leave the house at the drop of a hat), there was a car lot that rented novelty limos. On top of the limos, they had obnoxiously large characters...a clown, pig, and yes, a chicken. The lot was in a questionable part of town, so you always had to have back up when picking the limo up. Did I say picking it up? Yes. These limos did not come with a fancy driver...you were the driver (or whoever you could con into taking the job). Also, the term "limo" is debatable. On the two occasions I rode in the chicken limo, it was actually a longer car with three rows of seats (not the usual way a limo is set up.) They were fun to rent for birthdays or bachelorette parties, and always fun to see them driving around downtown (or parked in your own driveway!) This limo is much nicer...they have painted it school bus yellow and the inside is actually set up like a traditional limo. Not sure whether someone drives it for you, but what fun would that be?
3 comments:
I remember when Maureen, Trisha, Amber and Jamalyn surprised me and rented the chicken limo for my birthday. It was white at the time. Oh, the chicken limo!
I think I was there for that!! We also got it for Jamalyn's bachelorete party. It definitely looked different than the one at this touch-a-truck!
That cracks me up - you are the first person I've ever known who actually rode in one of those!
Post a Comment