Sunday, February 15, 2009

Spring in February







We took advantage of the spring-like weather last week and got to play outside! Sure, it was wet, but there was no way I was missing out on 60 degree days, especially when you know they will be short-lived. There is Xavier, wearing that Colts uniform, complete with football pants. We have two sets of them, since his cousin outgrew his, so they can be rotated and worn several times throughout the week. Thanks to the lies I have told him about the library, grocery store, etc. not allowing football uniforms to be worn inside, we keep them as an "at home" ensemble. I am not a control freak, but I have to draw the line at Xavier trying to act as a football player at storytime.

I am also testing out my new camera. The lens on our old camera began making a grinding noise and would not close. After being told it would cost over $100 to fix, we opted to spend the money on something new. We ended up getting a Sony Cyber-Shot. It's a super zoom...kind of inbetween a point-and-shoot and SLR. The SLRs take fantastic pictures, but there is no way I would take the time to actually read the info and learn how to use all the different lenses and settings. My friend Michele takes amazing pictures with hers, but this is a real interest for her. For me, not so much! I haven't even read up on this camera yet!!! I have noticed that it has much less of a delay between shots and the colors are really vibrant. Maybe someday I will put in the CD-ROM that came with it!

Life is back to cold here, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for spring...soon!!!

No comments: