Tablecloths, candles, a reservation-only dinner...did we dine at an intimate bistro? No. An upperclass steak house? Close. If you were in Spain, it would be El Castillo Blanco. In America? The White Castle. Yep, after being snowed in last year, we finally had our Valentine's dinner at the White Castle special table service dinner. It started as a joke of an idea since neither Shawn nor I are really into Valentine's Day. With two kids and a limited budget (plus a love of those delectable sliders), it was the perfect solution to a V-day dinner.
Upon entering the castle, we noticed the dimmed lights (they even turned off the "Open 24 hours" sign in the window-high class!), candlelit tables, heart-shaped decorations, and a line of people! The place was packed and even though reservations were required, we had to wait for a table. We were seated, given menus, and had our dinner delivered to our table on the royal blue trays and paper plates. We had a blast and will probably make this an annual event. I'm not sure who the marketing genius was who came up with this idea, but I hope they got some sort of promotion. The Castle was definitely making some big bucks last night! (Well, as much as you can when your burgers are $0.39 each!)
1 comment:
Looks like fun!! We did NOTHING. Rob was all, "But. . .we said we were going to celebrate later. . " Yeah, yeah. Whatever! Love the pics and the story:) I'd send ya the monkey, but I know you are in the same (overloaded stuffed animal)boat that I'm in. It was so great to see you! Wish we lived closer.
Post a Comment