Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!






First off, for the 2 people that actually check this blog on a semi-regular basis, sorry for the lame month of posts. I really have things to say, and we really did more than just 2 things all month, but I get lazy. It really does not take much effort to make a post, and it isn't like I don't have a computer that I am on many times throughout the day. *sigh* I really have no excuse, so I will try to do better next month. But, anyway, back to this post...

Xavier's favorite holiday (well, this is what he tells me now, but I'm sure he may change his choice around Dec. 25.) has come and gone. Unlike last year, when he changed his mind 500 times before Halloween, he knew he wanted to be Spiderman and really never waivered from his choice. Because I love a theme (and Aubrey doesn't know any better), I went with the superheroes and made Aubrey into Supergirl. Xavier remembers all about trick-or-treating, but I think he was most excited to see other kids' costumes. Aubrey caught on to the whole trick-or-treating thing very quickly and was excited to go up to the houses. If the person at the door commented on another kid's costume, Aubrey was sure to point to the "S" on her dress and tell them "I girl", in case they missed her Supergirl costume.

For those of you not up on your knowledge of Spiderman villans (like myself, before Xavier entered into his superhero obsession), Rhino is one of Spiderman's enemies. Shawn is dressed as the evil Rhino, which we had to explain to just about everyone except the 12-year-old boy who trick-or-treated at our house. I threw together a Batgirl costume, but did not post those pictures as I am going through a "I am having some body-image issues, yet am doing nothing to try to eliminate them. Pass another Milky Way, please." phase right now and am not happy with myself in the pictures. Hey, it's my blog. I get to do that.

Xavier is already talking about his costume for next year. Shawn and I have been pushing the family Wizard of Oz theme, but Xavier will have nothing to do with it. I guess next year Aubrey may actually have some say in her costume, so there go my theme dreams. Hope you had a spooktacular Halloween at your house!

2 comments:

Aimee Reisert said...

You always crack me up! Thanks for explaining the evil rhino - I thought it was just some weird costume Shawn dreamt up!

Rob and Michele said...

I am well acquainted with that phase! It seems to have lasted over a year at Casa Schueffner. We checked the blog twice today. It seems I clicked away from the page too quickly--before Ben had his fill of Spidey:) I do love a good theme. I'm hoping next year we can do something Star Wars related. That should please the masses, right? Darn kids when they get opinions!!