Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Parent of a Preschooler







Two weeks ago, my baby began preschool. I knew it would be good for him (and me!), but I was having a hard time accepting the fact that my baby boy is old enough to be dropped off at preschool. The first morning, he was extremely excited to go and bring the bag I made him. (I use the term "made" very loosely...we got the bag from the school, and I ironed some patches on.) I was looking forward to three mornings a week with just Aubrey (well, two, since one of the mornings I'll be working at the church childcare again.) and was not thinking about crying at all. Not one bit. We left the house (while he told Aubrey over and over that it was HIS bag and he had important papers in it; she could not hold it)I got in the line of cars, let him out, kissed him good-bye (of course, he didn't look back), and got back in the car. Fine, fine, all was fine. Then Aubrey started crying when she realized he wasn't getting back in the car, and I lost it. I recovered quickly (I had to, because I was on my way to work at the childcare), and have been fine ever since. So far, things are great. He loves it and I am so thrilled at how excited he is to go to school.

No comments: