But, over time, her hair lightened, and her eyes became this vibrant blue color. (Shawn and I both have brothers with light hair and blue eyes. I don't remember much about how those genetic squares we did in school worked, (you know, the big X was the dominant gene and the little x the recessive) but it's somehow in the family.

Anyway, I have to admit, even though I count my blessings that I have this very beautiful and healthy daughter, I sometimes have feel a teeny, tiny bit of sadness that she will not resemble me. And then I get over it and think it's cool that I get to sing the song that is the title of this blog as a lullaby.
2 comments:
Beautiful eyes! Julie - I'm right there with you! Greyson has these vibrant, amazing blue eyes. Sometimes I look at her and wonder - is this really my daughter? I thought she'd have brown eyes like me. I think given those eyes, we're both in trouble in the years to come!
Tracy
You should have another one and maybe she will look like you! Ha! I am kidding, I just want everyone to share in my misery. ;) Anthony has brown eyes just like Mike (and almost everyone in his family) but somehow Maria kept her blue ones. My Uncle Leo's eyes were blue until he was NINE though, so you never know! :)
Post a Comment