In my mind, I had pictured the parents on the field with the kids while a coach or two game them some tips. I guess parents weren't allowed on the field, so Xavier sort of wandered around and was about to get on the pitcher's mound before someone from the team quickly corralled him into the line of kids. You will notice that Xavier is the youngest and smallest kid out there. While there was no age listed for this clinic, most of the kids were older than him. Oh well, he enjoyed himself, even if most of the grounders rolled right past him.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Look at me, I can be Center Field
Shawn and Xavier (and sometimes Aubrey and I) love going to Indianapolis Indians games. They are a minor league team, which means less crowds and cheap seats. They had advertised a free youth clinic before one of the games, so Shawn and Xavier decided to get to the game early to participate in the clinic.
In my mind, I had pictured the parents on the field with the kids while a coach or two game them some tips. I guess parents weren't allowed on the field, so Xavier sort of wandered around and was about to get on the pitcher's mound before someone from the team quickly corralled him into the line of kids. You will notice that Xavier is the youngest and smallest kid out there. While there was no age listed for this clinic, most of the kids were older than him. Oh well, he enjoyed himself, even if most of the grounders rolled right past him.



In my mind, I had pictured the parents on the field with the kids while a coach or two game them some tips. I guess parents weren't allowed on the field, so Xavier sort of wandered around and was about to get on the pitcher's mound before someone from the team quickly corralled him into the line of kids. You will notice that Xavier is the youngest and smallest kid out there. While there was no age listed for this clinic, most of the kids were older than him. Oh well, he enjoyed himself, even if most of the grounders rolled right past him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment