Monday, April 6, 2009

The Caped Crusader



Lord knows I don't want to be accused of playing favorites, so I need to get a post in here about Xavier! He loves dressing up, and his current favorite costume is Batman (complete with black cowboy boots.) The ensemble was a Christmas present from us to him. I found a lady on ebay who makes these capes, and I thought this reversible Superman/Batman cape was a great deal (especially since I can't sew)for around $15. Let's just say that we have definitely gotten our money's worth out of it! I will talk to him like he is Batman while he wears it. He then lifts the mask and says, "It's me, Xavier. It's just a costume," like I didn't know. Cracks me up every time.

Also, here is a picture of one of his favorite toys, the Fisher Price Imaginext Bat Cave. He LOVES this toy, and because of that, I sometimes have to use it as a punishment. The Bat Cave has gotten taken away temporarily a few times because of some behavior issues, and he always cries when it happens. Doesn't cry with a spanking, but the Bat Cave? Bawls like a baby. So, of course, I see that as leverage!



Oh, by the way...we have been searching for the Joker, Penguin, or any other non-Batman figures for this set. They are imposssible to find, and I refuse to pay double or triple the retail cost on ebay. If you happen to see these anywhere, let me know or buy them and I will pay you back!

2 comments:

Alivia Quallen said...

Are son's are so much alike. Max does the same thing when he is wearing his batman costume. He'll lift his mask up and say "it's Max". Or he'll take off his costume and say "I'm Max now". For easter I got him the batman p.j.'s at target with the cape attached. He already has two sets but whats one more set. He wants a batman party for his b-day. He is also really into scooby too.

Rob and Michele said...

I have to find one of these for Ben!! f/y/i: I think Xavier may be my long, lost son. Just send him on over, kay? Thankx! I think he and Andrew even look a bit alike. Ben, on the otherhand. . . .not sure where that kid came from. :D