With all the discussion of going green, I have been trying to do my part and "greenify" (is that a word, or did I just make that up?) our life. We already recycle like fiends, I have been buying fluorescent bulbs (even though I hate how the light looks with them) and I only shower once a week to conserve water. (j/k-wanted to see if you were paying attention) Last night, while on a solo (woo hoo!) trip to Meijer, I decided to try out the reusable cloth bags that just about every store now sells for the very reasonable price of $0.99. I have to say that I LOVE them, and not necessarily for the "green" feature.
Why do I love thee, reusable bags? Let me count the ways...
1. They are very sturdy and have many uses beyond the grocery store (except for picking up dog poop. I will still occasionally have to get plastic bags for that purpose.)
2. They are huge!!!! I had 5 with me and filled them, but I was buying 2 weeks worth of groceries. They hold WAY more than plastic bags.
3. I can sling them over my shoulder.
4. No more piling bags on top of each other! These fit GREAT in the car and take up less space.
5. Less bags mean less trips into the house with groceries!
So, if you haven't tried them, I highly suggest you do. My only challenge will be remembering to bring them in to the stores with me (and to put them back in my car!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment